Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church | Waynesboro, VA | Part-Time
Do you need the flexibility of part-time hours? Are you knowledgeable in office management systems and procedures? Do you have an understanding of and the ability to use social media, including websites and Facebook? Are you a strong typist with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office? Do you like to learn new computer programs? If you answered yes to these questions, we have the perfect job opportunity for you.
Located in Waynesboro, Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church has an opening for a part-time (~ 25 hours/week) Administrative Secretary position. The ideal candidate will have a strong administrative background. This role is responsible for a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties include, but are not limited to, providing daily support to the Pastor, keeping the Pastor's schedule and the church's calendar, purchase of office supplies and other materials as needed, greeting visitors, handling phone calls and e-mails, typing worship bulletins, Council agendas, letters, notices, lists, reports, etc.
- Proven experience as an Administrative Secretary or Administrative Assistant.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Working knowledge of office equipment - computers, printers, copiers, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Publisher, in particular).
- Understanding of and ability to use social media, including website and Facebook.
- Willingness to learn and become proficient in "Church Windows" and "One Call Now" computer programs.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative Secretary will be a plus.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply for this job posistion, please send a cover letter with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.